We have a proud history of assisting talented athletes in a variety of sports to achieve selection in various representative sides from Diocesan to Australian level. We offer pathways through to NSWCCC and NSW All School representative selection in the following sporting activities:
Athletics, AFL, Baseball, Basketball, Canoeing, Cricket – Boys & Girls, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Hockey, Netball, Rowing, Rugby League, Rugby, Sailing, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Touch, Triathlon, Volleyball.
We also enter school teams into other external competitions, which include:
- AFL – Swans Cup, All Schools 9-A-Side Gala Days
- Basketball – Regional Championships
- Cricket – Berg Shield, Downie Shield
- Football – National Knockout Competitions Bill Turner Cup, Bill Turner Trophy
- Hockey – CCC regional Championships
- Netball – CAN Championships
- Rugby League – CCC Cup, Captains Shield, Shaun Timmins Shield, Country Cup, All School’s Secondary League Knockout
- Touch – All Schools Touch football Knockout
Students also have the opportunity to represent the school at Diocesan Gala Days where they compete against the other Secondary Schools in the Wollongong Diocese. These Gala days provide the students with pathway selection to Diocesan Teams as well as providing a healthy competitive spirit with students in our catholic community. All the Diocesan schools are competing for the annual prestigious Vince Villa award that is awarded to the overall champion school.
In order to participate in ALL NSWCCC selection trials, you must register online. Please note: there are three steps to the website process:
- Setting up a Parent Account (this only needs to be done once)
- Adding your child to the Parent Account (this only needs to be done once)
- Registering for a sport (this needs to be done for each sport every year)
Some helpful tips before beginning:
PRIMARY CHILD MOVING TO SECONDARY SCHOOL
If your child has started high school and already has an account – LOGIN using your username (email address) and password. There is no need to set up a new account, use the login details that you set up for NSWCPS Please note the following: You must keep the same account details, but you need to ensure you change your child’s school details (e.g Maria Regina Catholic Primary School TO Mater Maria Catholic College).
To change your child’s school detail, LOGIN. Under ACCOUNT OPTIONS go to EDIT MY DETAILS.
CREATING A LOGIN
If you have not used the website you will need to create a Log In. Go to www.csss.nsw.edu.au/nswccc-home.aspx
- Click Help
- Click on I am a Parent/Guardian for a student
- Click on Secondary student (NSWCCC)
- Click on How do I get a login for the website
- Scroll down to the information if you don’t have a login
- Click on Click here to get a new account and login
- Complete the page titled Parents Register Here and click Register after you have completed all fields.
- You will now need to check your email account for the password and the login. You will received a computer generate text and email with your password (you may need to check your Junk Mail if don’treceive an email
- If you wish to change your password, go to my account and Edit my Details. Here you can change your password and add other children (Please note that your child will stay in the system and will go up an age group each year. The only time a parent will need to edit their child’s details is if your child changes schools. Each year we roll the system over to progress them to their next school year
- Always remember to click Save your details button on the bottom of the page.
NOW YOU ARE READY TO REGISTER YOUR CHILD TO A SPORT
- Login to your account
- Go to NSWCCC Home Page
- Go to the Sports link e.g SOFTBALL
- Click on Register
- Click on the team you wish to register for (it is a hyperlink)
- Follow the prompts to register.
- Click on Register Expression of Interest for this Sport to complete your registration
- Once you have successfully registered, both the Sports Coordinator and Principal of your child’s school will be notified of your nomination. You registration will then be accepted or declined based on whether your child meets the criteria as set by NSWCCC.
- All consent and payment for ALL Individual sports will be done online.
- Team sports such as Swimming, Diocesan/Associations may use their own paperwork for consent, payment and uniform orders
- PLEASE NOTE: You will be unable to register if the Closing Date has passed. Please check the Sports Specific Information page for these dates.
For any information regarding sport at St Joseph’s please contact the Sport Coordinators.
|Mrs M. Garbutt
|Mrs J. Linsley