P & F President’s Message
As a Parents and Friends body, we are strong believers that communication between school and home is vital. We know that building understanding and support between teachers and parents is essential for the overall development of our children. It is only with teachers, students and parents working together that we can create a truly great school, which we believe is the case at St Joseph’s. We feel that the more opportunities we provide for Parents and Staff to meet, talk and work together, the greater the chance of developing a strong partnership.
On behalf of the P&F, I strongly encourage all families to be a part of our parent body in an active way. Please join us at P&F functions that are organised at the school and attend our meetings to be a part of our decision making. If you would like to contact me firstname.lastname@example.org, at any time regarding an issue or query about the P&F or the school, I would be only too happy to help in any way possible.Thank you.
St Joseph’s 2016 P & F Committee:
|Vice President||Marlene Heffernan|
|Vice President||Sandy O’Connor|
|Diocesan Delegate||George Perini|
The guidelines for which we as an Association exist, as described in our constitution, are as follows:
- Promote the faith, life and educational goals of the school.
- Foster effective partnerships involving parents, students and staff.
- Work in a cooperative manner with the Principal of the school and confer with him/her in matters relating to the educational needs of the school.
- In consultation with the Principal, provide funds where possible to provide material assistance in equipping, maintaining and developing the school.
- Be represented by a Diocesan Delegate at various and appropriate public meetings.
- Promote appropriate social contact among the parents and friends of the school.
- Where appropriate, be a voice for parents on matters of education.
It is our aim to ensure that that everything we do as the parent body of St Joseph’s is geared towards the achievement of these aims and objectives. By doing this we also hope to ensure that a strong sense of school spirit and community is established and maintained.
It is our hope to be able to develop a strong partnership between the school and the families of the students. This partnership must continue to be strengthened; not simply to be able to deal with academic problems that may arise, but rather so that the educational goals of the school can be achieved.